Sunday, December 8, 2019

Things are moving along!

So, after moving across the country, being unemployed for a year, and finding employment once again late last year, I am ready to kick things in gear again!


Back in September, my significant other surprised me with an early Christmas present: an Elegoo Mars 3D printer. This is a neat little machine! It uses UV LED's to cure photopolymer resin into high-resolution 3D prints. It is much easier to use than the Monoprice FDM printer I wasted $800 on back in 2017 and produces much nicer results.

As an inaugural project, I decided to release a line of 2" scale M.U.S.C.L.E.-type minifigures called Badlets. Initially, they will be 3D printed prototypes, though one day I hope to have them mass-produced in soft PVC plastic.


Designed and modeled by myself, this line consists of Grim Peeper, Siouxsie the Gremlin, Bronar the Barbarian, and Moon-touched Mack. The initial offering will be printed in clear red resin, but subsequent printings will make them available in a variety of colors!


I do not have an initial release date yet, but it will be very very soon. The first inventory of Series 1 has been printed and packaged. I just have a few logistical things to iron out and I will be announcing the drop date!

Also, for those who are curious as to whether I am going to ever release The Surgeon, that is an absolute yes, but it is temporary shelved for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment